Founded: Incorporated 1853
Location: 1224 East Monument Street, Baltimore, MD
- Dates: 1901
Notes: (Incorporated 1853) 1224 East Monument St. Hours, 8.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and 1.30 to 5 p.m. (2 to 5 p.m., November to May). Physician present 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 4 p.m.; Sundays, 9 to 10.30 a.m. Object.– For needy persons living north of Fayette St. and east of Jones’ Falls. Prescriptions directed to Dispensary by outside physicians registered for the purpose are filled. Management.– By board of 12 directors. Supported by an association of contributors who pay $5 each annually, and by a share of the fines from houses of ill-fame; and is at present used by the Supervisors of City Charities as the dispensary for the northeastern district of the city. In 1900, 12,160 patients were treated; total number of times treated, 18,556; prescriptions filled, 20,317; outside visits paid, 1300 to 730 patients.
Source: Charity Organization Society, Directory of the Charitable and Beneficent Organizations of Baltimore together with Legal Suggestions, Etc. Baltimore: : 45