Founded: Founded as Baltimore Infirmary, 1823
Location: Lombard and Greene Streets, Baltimore, MD
- Dates: 1901
Notes: The following hospitals have ambulances for the conveyance of sick persons to the hospital named in the title:The City Hospital, Calvert and Saratoga Sts.
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Broadway and McElderry St.
The Maryland General Hospital, Linden Ave. and Madison St.
The Maryland University Hospital, Greene and Lombard Sts.
St. Joseph’s Hospital, Caroline and Hoffman Sts.
The Health Department, City Hall Annex, has a ambulance to convey cases of contagious disease to the Quarantine Hospital.
The Supervisors of City Charities have contracted with the following hospitals for the conveyance of city patients: Maryland General, Maryland University, City Hospital, St. Joseph’s, and Homeopathic.
United States Marine Hospital Service has an ambulance which conveys sick sailors to the hospital.Source: Charity Organization Society, Directory of the Charitable and Beneficent Organizations of Baltimore together with Legal Suggestions, Etc. Baltimore: 46
- Dates: 1920
Notes: Amounts appropriated for state-aided institutions, from the Maryland Manual, 1921-1922.
- The Hospital Bulletin : 1905-1916