Founded: Incorporated 1870
Location: 106 West Hill Street, Baltimore, MD
- Dates: 1847
Notes: Southern Dispensary founded
Source: Quinan, John Russell, Medical Annals of Baltimore from 1608 to 1880, including Events, Men and Literature to which is added a Subject Index and Record of Public Services Baltimore: Press of Isaac Friedenwald: 38
- Dates: 1870
Notes: (Incor. 1870) 106 west Hill St. Object.–For needy persons living south of Pratt St. and east of Fremont Ave., to the Basin, including Locust Point. Doctor in attendance, May 1 to November 1, 8 a.m. to 12 m. and 2 to 6 p.m.; November 1 to May 1, 9 a.m. to 12 m. and 2 to 4 p.m.; Sundays, 9 to 11 a.m. Outside visits also made. Medicines not given to persons known to be able to buy them. Management. — By board of managers, selected from contributors. Supported by subscriptions (about $100), and by a share of fines from houses of ill-fame. Total income, about $1200.
Source: Charity Organization Society, Directory of the Charitable and Beneficent Organizations of Baltimore together with Legal Suggestions, Etc. Baltimore: : 43