Louis McLane Tiffany

Birth: 1844, Oct. 10
Death: ?
Occupation:

Associated Counties

  • Baltimore City

Directories

Date Name Occupation Address City
1867-1868 L. McLane Tiffany doctor 31 Cathedral Baltimore City
1877 L. McLane Tiffany doctor 31 Cathedral St. Baltimore City
1881 L. McLane Tiffany doctor 31 Cathedral Baltimore City

Additional Information

  • Dates: 1844-?
    Notes: Born at Baltimore, October 10, 1844.. B.A., University of Cambridge, England, 1866, and M.A., Cambridge, later; M.D., University of Maryland, 1868; Resident Physician, Almshouse; Demonstrator of Anatomy, University of Maryland, 1869-74; Professor of Anatomy, Maryland Dental College; Professor of Operative Surgery, University of Maryland, 1874-80; Professor of Surgery, 1880-1902; resigned his Chair, 1902; Dean. University of Maryland, 1879-86; President, Baltimore Medical Association, 1876-77; President of the Clinical Society of Maryland; Vice-President, Medical and Chirurgical Faculty, 1878-79 and 1880-81; President, Medical and Chirurgical Faculty, 1892-93; President of the American Surgical Association; President, Southern Surgical and Gynaecological Association; Visiting Physician, City Almshouse; Consulting Surgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital; Surgeon-in-Chief, Baltimore and Ohio Railroad; important contributions to Surgery of the Kidney and Superior Maxilla. 831 Park Avenue, Baltimore.
    Source: Cordell, Eugene Fauntleroy, Medical Annals of Maryland 1799-1899 Baltimore: The Medical and Chirurgical Faculty for the State of Maryland: 596
  • Dates: 1869-74
    Notes: Demonstrator of Anatomy, University of Maryland School of Medicine
    Source: Cordell, Eugene Fauntleroy, Historical Sketch of the University of Maryland School of Medicine (1807-1890), with an Introductory Chapter, Notices of the Schools of Law, Arts and Sciences, and Theology, and the Department of Dentistry, and a General Catalog of Medical Alumni Baltimore: Press of Isaac Friedenwald: 211
  • Dates: 1874-after 1890
    Notes: Professor, University of Maryland School of Medicine
    Source: Cordell, Eugene Fauntleroy, Historical Sketch of the University of Maryland School of Medicine (1807-1890), with an Introductory Chapter, Notices of the Schools of Law, Arts and Sciences, and Theology, and the Department of Dentistry, and a General Catalog of Medical Alumni Baltimore: Press of Isaac Friedenwald: 211
  • Dates: 1876-7
    Notes: Served as Attending Physician, Baltimore City and County Alms House, 1876-7
    Source: Quinan, John Russell, Medical Annals of Baltimore from 1608 to 1880, including Events, Men and Literature to which is added a Subject Index and Record of Public Services Baltimore: Press of Isaac Friedenwald: 250
  • Dates: 1879-86
    Notes: Dean, University of Maryland School of Medicine
    Source: Cordell, Eugene Fauntleroy, Historical Sketch of the University of Maryland School of Medicine (1807-1890), with an Introductory Chapter, Notices of the Schools of Law, Arts and Sciences, and Theology, and the Department of Dentistry, and a General Catalog of Medical Alumni Baltimore: Press of Isaac Friedenwald: 209
  • Dates: 1882/09/19
    Notes: Hospital Opening and Dispensary Consolidation
    The Baltimore Eye, Ear and Throat Charity Hospital, No. 186 Franklin street, opened its outpatient or dispensary department yesterday. The institution is a consolidation of the Eye and Ear Dispensary of the Church Home, North Broadway, the Baltimore Charity Eye and Ear Dispensary, Central Avenue, the eye and ear department of the Baltimore General Dispensary, Liberty street, and the Baltimore Throat Dispensary, Park avenue, all of which have been discontinued. The staff of the hospital is made up of specialists formerly connected with those institutions, as follows: Eye and ear, Drs. Samuel Theobald, S.L. Frank, Russell Murdock and I. Bermann; throat, Drs. J.H. Hartman, Samuel Johnston and John N. McKenzie; consulting surgeons, Drs. Alan P. Smith, L. McLane Tiffany, Christopher Johnson and Oscar J. Coskery; consulting physicians, Drs. Samuel C. Chew, G.W. Miltenberger, Rigin Buckler and Ferd. J. Chatard, Jr. The hospital is supported by volunteer contributions, and treatment will be supplied free of charge to the poor. The in-patient department, provided with free beds, will be opened about October 1. The officers of the institution are as follows: Hon. Geo. Wm. Brown, president; John W. McCoy, Samuel G. Wyman, vice-presidents; Clayton C. Hall, treasurer; John N. Mackenzie, M.D., secretary; finance committee, Wm. H. Perot, C. Morton Stewart, Mendes Cohen, W.S. Rayner; board of trustees, John Lee Carroll, Ernest Knabe, C. Morton Stewart, Wm. H. Perot, T. Edward Hambleton, Samuel G. Wyman, Jno. W. McCoy, W. S. Rayner, Samuel H. Lyon, T. Harrison Garrett, Mendes Cohen, S. Teackle Wallis, Wesley A. Tucker, Geo. Wm. Brown, Clayton C. Hall.

    Source: Sun (Baltimore), 19 September 1882.
    Source:

  • Dates: 1896
    Notes: Consulting Surgeon, Hospital for the Relief of Crippled and Deformed Children
    Source: Hospital for the Relief of Crippled and Deformed Children of Baltimore City, The First Annual Report of the Hospital for the Relief of Crippled and Deformed Children of Baltimore City Philadelphia: Avil Printing Company: 2