Death: 1906, Aug. 3
- Baltimore City
|1868-1869||Samuel L. Frank||doctor||124 E. Baltimore||Baltimore City|
|1881||Samuel L. Frank||doctor||71 N. Charles||Baltimore City|
|1867-1868||Samuel L. Frank||doctor||283 W Lombard||Baltimore City|
|1865-1866||Samuel L. Frank||doctor||124 E Baltimore||Baltimore City|
- Dates: 1841-?
Source: Quinan, John Russell, Medical Annals of Baltimore from 1608 to 1880, including Events, Men and Literature to which is added a Subject Index and Record of Public Services Baltimore: Press of Isaac Friedenwald: 99-100
- Dates: 1841-?
Notes: Born at Baltimore, 1841. Educated at the University of Maryland (School of Letters and Science); pupil of Prof. N.R. Smith; M.D., University of Maryland, 1862; continued studies at Wurzburg and Vienna, 1862-64; Visiting Physician, Hebrew Hospital, 1864-72; Lecturers on Diseases of the Ear, Summer Course, University of Maryland, and Attending Physician in Ear Diseases, Special Dispensary, 1867-72; in Veinna, Utrecht and London, 1872-75; Assistant to Prof. J. Soelberg Wells, Royal London Ophthalmological Hospital, 1874-75; Consulting Physician, Hebrew Hospital, 1875-80; Oculist and Aurist, Baltimore General Dispensary, 1875-82; Attending Surgeon, Baltimore Eye, Ear, and Throat Charity Hospital, 1882-84; Oculist and Aurist, Nursery and Child’s Hospital and House of Refuge; retired 1884; President, South Baltimore Harbor and Improvement Company, and Brooklyn and Curtis Bay Light and Water Company. 8 East Lexington Street, Baltimore.
Source: Cordell, Eugene Fauntleroy, Medical Annals of Maryland 1799-1899 Baltimore: The Medical and Chirurgical Faculty for the State of Maryland: 400
- Dates: 1875-1882
Notes: Attending Physician, Baltimore General Dispensary
Source: Baxley, C. Herbert, ed., A History of the Baltimore General Dispensary Baltimore: Baltimore General Dispensary Foundation, Inc.: 110
- Dates: 1882/09/19
Notes: Hospital Opening and Dispensary Consolidation
The Baltimore Eye, Ear and Throat Charity Hospital, No. 186 Franklin street, opened its outpatient or dispensary department yesterday. The institution is a consolidation of the Eye and Ear Dispensary of the Church Home, North Broadway, the Baltimore Charity Eye and Ear Dispensary, Central Avenue, the eye and ear department of the Baltimore General Dispensary, Liberty street, and the Baltimore Throat Dispensary, Park avenue, all of which have been discontinued. The staff of the hospital is made up of specialists formerly connected with those institutions, as follows: Eye and ear, Drs. Samuel Theobald, S.L. Frank, Russell Murdock and I. Bermann; throat, Drs. J.H. Hartman, Samuel Johnston and John N. McKenzie; consulting surgeons, Drs. Alan P. Smith, L. McLane Tiffany, Christopher Johnson and Oscar J. Coskery; consulting physicians, Drs. Samuel C. Chew, G.W. Miltenberger, Rigin Buckler and Ferd. J. Chatard, Jr. The hospital is supported by volunteer contributions, and treatment will be supplied free of charge to the poor. The in-patient department, provided with free beds, will be opened about October 1. The officers of the institution are as follows: Hon. Geo. Wm. Brown, president; John W. McCoy, Samuel G. Wyman, vice-presidents; Clayton C. Hall, treasurer; John N. Mackenzie, M.D., secretary; finance committee, Wm. H. Perot, C. Morton Stewart, Mendes Cohen, W.S. Rayner; board of trustees, John Lee Carroll, Ernest Knabe, C. Morton Stewart, Wm. H. Perot, T. Edward Hambleton, Samuel G. Wyman, Jno. W. McCoy, W. S. Rayner, Samuel H. Lyon, T. Harrison Garrett, Mendes Cohen, S. Teackle Wallis, Wesley A. Tucker, Geo. Wm. Brown, Clayton C. Hall.
Source: Sun (Baltimore), 19 September 1882.
- Dates: 1906
Notes: Died, Baltimore City, philanthropist, August 3, 1906, age 64.
- Dates: 1907
Notes: The past year has been marked by a number of changes in our administration and in the personnel of our Board: some most desireable; one most deplorable. This latter has reference to the sudden and untimely death of our beloved President, Dr. Samuel Leon Frank. The demise of an able, affable and charitable man is always a loss to the community in which he lived, but to our Institution Dr. Frank’s death is doubly deplorable. It came at a time when the hospital was undergoing changes in the conduct of its affairs and was beginning to evidence the wisdom of his administration by a betterment in its methods and a marked increase in its usefulness; a time when we were relying on his ability and judgment for guidance. For thirty-six years he was connected with this Institution in one capacity or another devoting of the best years of his life to its service. In his death a considerable portion of the fruits of his labor is to be applied to its greater good.
Source: Hebrew Hospital and Asylum Association, Report of the Hebrew Hospital and Asylum Association of Baltimore City, January 1907 : : 6