John G. Jay

Birth: 1848, Jun. 26
Death: ?
Occupation: doctor

Associated Counties

  • Baltimore City

Directories

Date Name Occupation Address City
1881 John G. Jay doctor Park Ave. and Mulberry Baltimore City

Additional Information

  • Dates: 1848-?
    Notes: Born in Harford County, Md., June 26, 1848. Educated at Newark (Del.) Academy; M.D., University of Maryland, 1871; at Paris and Vienna, 1872-73; Lecturer in the Spring Course, University of Maryland, 1877-81; Professor of Anatomy and Operative Surgery, Woman’s Medical College, Baltimore, 1882-91; Professor of Surgery, Woman’s Medical College, 1891-1902; Assistant Surgeon, Fourth Regiment, M.N.G., 1896-98; Clinical Lecturer on Surgery, University of Maryland; Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery of same, 1901-; Surgeon, Fifth Maryland Regiment, U.S.V., 1898; the first surgeon in Maryland to perform successfully Caesarean Section. 869 Park Avenue, Baltimore.
    Source: Cordell, Eugene Fauntleroy, Medical Annals of Maryland 1799-1899 Baltimore: The Medical and Chirurgical Faculty for the State of Maryland: 453
  • Dates: 1876-1879
    Notes: Attending Physician, Baltimore General Dispensary
    Source: Baxley, C. Herbert, ed., A History of the Baltimore General Dispensary Baltimore: Baltimore General Dispensary Foundation, Inc.: 110
  • Dates: 1876-77
    Notes: Served as Attending Physician, Baltimore General Dispensary, 1876-77
    Source: Quinan, John Russell, Medical Annals of Baltimore from 1608 to 1880, including Events, Men and Literature to which is added a Subject Index and Record of Public Services Baltimore: Press of Isaac Friedenwald: 251
  • Dates: 1882-1883, 1883-1884
    Notes: Professor of Anatomy and Operative Surgery, Woman’s Medical College, Baltimore
    Source: Abrahams, Harold J., Extinct Medical Schools of Baltimore, Maryland Baltimore: Maryland Historical Society: 102
  • Dates: 1884-1885
    Notes: Professor of Anatomy and Operative Surgery
    Source: Abrahams, Harold J., Extinct Medical Schools of Baltimore, Maryland Baltimore: Maryland Historical Society: 103