Birth: 1839, Feb. 12
Death: 1905, Mar. 19
- Baltimore City
|1881||Russell Murdoch||doctor||12 Cathedral||Baltimore City|
|1867-1868||Russell Murdoch||physician (oculist)||NW corner Franklin and Park||Baltimore City|
- Dates: 1839-?
Notes: Born at Baltimore, February 12, 1839. Educated at Edinburgh University, 1856-59; M.D., University of Virginia, 1861; Resident Physician, Baltimore Almshouse, 1861; Attending Physician, Baltimore General Dispensary, 1861-62; Surgeon, C.S.A., 1862-65; Clinical Lecturer, Diseases of the Eye and Ear, University of Maryland, 1868-69; Attending Surgeon, Baltimore Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, 1882-; Professor of the Diseases of the Eye and Ear, Woman’s Medical College of Baltimore, 1884-87; Specialist in Eye and Ear Diseases. 410 Cathedral Street, Baltimore.
Source: Cordell, Eugene Fauntleroy, Medical Annals of Maryland 1799-1899 Baltimore: The Medical and Chirurgical Faculty for the State of Maryland: 514
- Dates: 1861
Notes: Served as Attending Physician, Baltimore City and County Alms House, 1861
Source: Quinan, John Russell, Medical Annals of Baltimore from 1608 to 1880, including Events, Men and Literature to which is added a Subject Index and Record of Public Services Baltimore: Press of Isaac Friedenwald: 250
- Dates: 1882/09/19
Notes: Hospital Opening and Dispensary Consolidation
The Baltimore Eye, Ear and Throat Charity Hospital, No. 186 Franklin street, opened its outpatient or dispensary department yesterday. The institution is a consolidation of the Eye and Ear Dispensary of the Church Home, North Broadway, the Baltimore Charity Eye and Ear Dispensary, Central Avenue, the eye and ear department of the Baltimore General Dispensary, Liberty street, and the Baltimore Throat Dispensary, Park avenue, all of which have been discontinued. The staff of the hospital is made up of specialists formerly connected with those institutions, as follows: Eye and ear, Drs. Samuel Theobald, S.L. Frank, Russell Murdock and I. Bermann; throat, Drs. J.H. Hartman, Samuel Johnston and John N. McKenzie; consulting surgeons, Drs. Alan P. Smith, L. McLane Tiffany, Christopher Johnson and Oscar J. Coskery; consulting physicians, Drs. Samuel C. Chew, G.W. Miltenberger, Rigin Buckler and Ferd. J. Chatard, Jr. The hospital is supported by volunteer contributions, and treatment will be supplied free of charge to the poor. The in-patient department, provided with free beds, will be opened about October 1. The officers of the institution are as follows: Hon. Geo. Wm. Brown, president; John W. McCoy, Samuel G. Wyman, vice-presidents; Clayton C. Hall, treasurer; John N. Mackenzie, M.D., secretary; finance committee, Wm. H. Perot, C. Morton Stewart, Mendes Cohen, W.S. Rayner; board of trustees, John Lee Carroll, Ernest Knabe, C. Morton Stewart, Wm. H. Perot, T. Edward Hambleton, Samuel G. Wyman, Jno. W. McCoy, W. S. Rayner, Samuel H. Lyon, T. Harrison Garrett, Mendes Cohen, S. Teackle Wallis, Wesley A. Tucker, Geo. Wm. Brown, Clayton C. Hall.
Source: Sun (Baltimore), 19 September 1882.
- Dates: 1884-1885
Notes: Professor of Diseases of Eye and Ear, Woman’s Medical College, Baltimore
Source: Abrahams, Harold J., Extinct Medical Schools of Baltimore, Maryland Baltimore: Maryland Historical Society: 103
- Dates: 1905
Notes: Died, Baltimore City, March 19, 1905
Source: Arps, Walter E., Jr., Maryland Mortalities 1876-1915 from the (Baltimore) Sun Almanac Westminster: Family Line Publications: 169