- Baltimore City
- Dates: 1849-?
Notes: Born in Harford County, Md., 1849. Educated at Carroll County School; M.D., Woman’s Medical College of Pennsylvania, 1880; studied in the Woman’s Hospital and Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, and the Children’s Hospital, Staten Island; Demonstrator of Anatomy, Baltimore Medical College; Assistant in the Throat and Chest Clinic, Woman’s Medical College, Baltimore, 1882-84; Lecturer on Materia Medica, Woman’s Medical College, 1884-86; Professor of Materia Medica, 1886-91; Professor of Practical Obstetrics, 1891-94; Physician to Female House of Refuge and Good Samaritan Hospital; practiced at Balti-more for eighteen years; then at Long Green, Baltimore County. The first woman doctor in Baltimore who had a diploma from a regular college. Present address (1902), 1035 North Eutaw Street, Baltimore.
Source: Cordell, Eugene Fauntleroy, Medical Annals of Maryland 1799-1899 Baltimore: The Medical and Chirurgical Faculty for the State of Maryland: 520