Location: Aisquith and Orleans Streets, Baltimore, MD
- Dates: 1863
Notes: German Protestant Orphan Asylum organized.
Source: Quinan, John Russell, Medical Annals of Baltimore from 1608 to 1880, including Events, Men and Literature to which is added a Subject Index and Record of Public Services Baltimore: Press of Isaac Friedenwald: 42
- Dates: 1894
Notes: THE GENERAL GERMAN ORPHAN ASYLUM OF BALTIMORE CITY,situated on Aisquith street, near Orleans street, Baltimore, was organized in 1886, the cost of the property being about $85,000. Since the organization of this institution there have been 573 orphan children received, and there are at present 110 beneficiaries.
The work of this institution has been honestly and faithfully performed, and many of the unfortunate have been provided with homes in families within the city and State. By the training in the asylum, and the general surveillance by the officers and managers of the institution, many have become industrious and worthy citizens. The State of Maryland, through the General Assembly of 1892, made an appropriation of $2,000 per annum, which seems to have been carefully and prudently expended under the efficient Board of Managers, and which appropriation was a contribution to a worthy charity.
Source: Message of Frank Brown, Governor of Maryland, to the General Assembly at its Regular Session, January, 1894 Baltimore: Wm. J.C. Dullany Company: 86